Manzini Health Team: Know The NGOs That Operate Within Manzini City
The Municipal Council of Manzini continues to play a big role with regard to coordination of health and social services including HIV and AIDS. This is in line with the Municipality’s 2019-2024 Integrated Development Plan strategic objective “to provide responsive integrated health and social welfare services by 2024”. The Municipality delivers public health and social services through strategic partnerships and collaborations with various Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) which form part of the Municipal Health Team (MHT). The MHT is made up of 18 NGOs that have a presence in the City of Manzini. The rationale behind establishment of the MHT was to ensure that the various NGOs in the city worked in a coordinated manner and that each organisation knows the services that the other renders in the city. Citizens of Manzini and the general members of the public are encouraged to utilise the services offered by the NGOs. Today’s article seeks to highlight the services offered by the NGOs as well as how they can be reached…
- FAMILY LIFE ASSOCIATION (FLAS)
|The Family Life Association of Eswatini (FLAS) is a not-for-profit voluntary organization and a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The primary target of FLAS’ service offering is the youth aged 10 – 24. Adults and children below 10 years old are the organisation’s secondary target. FLAS provides Sexual Reproductive Health clinical services in four clinics located in the two main cities of the country (2 youth and 2 adult clinics). The Manzini FLAS offices are situated along Mbhabha Street near Swaziland Milling and they are open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm as well as Saturday, 8am to 1pm. FLAS may be contacted on 2505 5144/79354748/ firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|
- SERVICES OFFERED IN MANZINI OFFICE
- Maternal Neonate Child Health
- First visit ANC
- Revisit ANC
- Revisit at six weeks
- Contraceptives and Family Planning
- The Pill
- 1 Month Injectable
- 2 Months injectable
- 3 Months Injectable
- Jadelle /Implanon Insertion
- Implant Removal
- SCREENING SERVICES(KUPOPOLA)
- Pregnancy Test (Kuhlola kukhulelwa)
- Breast Examination
- Cervical Cancer Screening using VIA
- Cervical Cancer Screening using water based Pap Smear
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening (Kupopola tifo telicansi)
- Treatment (Kwelashwa)
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
- Treatment of ailments
- HOPE HOUSE
The Hope House is a Palliative Nursing Care Centre that admits and cares for clients with HIV and AIDS, Cancer and other terminal illnesses. It was established in the year 2001 by the late Bishop Louis Ncamiso Ndlovu and Late Fr. Larry MacDonnell SDB, Diocese of Manzini, as part of the Caritas programme. It is the social arm of the Catholic Church. It serves as a half-way house between hospital and home for those in need of nursing care. It is located within the St Theresa’s Clinic premises and operates from Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. It may be contacted on 2505 2644/ 78404720. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SERVICES OFFERED AT HOPE HOUSE
- Provision of palliative nursing care largely to clients with HIV and AIDS, Cancer and other terminal illnesses
- Wound care
- Pain Management
- Monitoring of the intake of all medications by clients; particularly Antiretroviral (ARVs) drugs, anti-Tuberculosis drugs, Epilepsy medication, morphine and others
- WOMEN TOGETHER
Women Together is a non-profit organization that focuses on supporting young adolescent girls and women in matters of sexual reproductive health and HIV and AIDS related issues. The organization focuses on women in both rural and urban areas who are in need of support in the afore-mentioned spheres. It is located next to Women and Children Hospital, Plot 369, Kelly Street, Manzini City.
- SERVICES OFFERED
- Post-test counselling for HIV education
- HIV support groups in the communities
- Income Generating Projects which assist in the support groups
- Engagements with adolescent girls and young women on issues of Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- Parliamentary advocacy on issues relating to adolescent girls and young women
- AUTISM ESWATINI
Autism Eswatini is a non-profit making organization that focuses on the support of children/individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other neuro-developmental disorders. Its offices are located at the Conference of Churches offices opposite The George Hotel. Offices open from Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4:30pm and Friday to Saturday, 8am to 1pm. The organization can be contacted on 2505 4114, 7906 3342 and 7692 9727.
- SERVICES OFFERED
- Autism awareness creation
- Autism assessment
- Autism therapy and counselling
Regional HIV and AIDS Coordination
Regional HIV and AIDS Coordination works under the National Emergency Response Council on HIV and AIDS (NERCHA) which is a multisectoral body established to provide leadership in the coordination of the national multi-sectoral response to HIV and AIDS in Eswatini.
- Facilitating effective implementation of the decentralized HIV and AIDS coordination at regional and sectoral level (Coordination Blueprint) through developing decentralized HIV and AIDS coordination annual plans.
- Facilitating the integration of HIV and AIDS in Chiefdom Development and Tinkhundla Council plans and facilitating quarterly Tinkhundla council meetings.
- Producing dashboards and maps on NMP implementation (HIV Service coverage report) for sharing in quarterly meetings
- Orienting HIV Response Coordination Structures and IPs on National Minimum Package (CDCs and WAAC)
- Training Bucopho and Ward Councilors on HIV response and Data Management.
- Monitoring the implementation of PLHIV Livelihoods programs to contribute to treatment outcomes.
NERCHA energizes all communities to support this vision through decentralized coordination, sector, and partner coordination. Whilst its head offices are based in the capital city, NERCHA has offices within the AMICAALL building in Manzini city. Its offices open from Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4:45pm and Fridays, 8am to 4:30pm. They can be reached on 2505 8307, email@example.com. The organization also has a website www. nercha.org.sz.
SANAKWA INCLUSION CARE CENTER
Sanakwa Inclusion Care Center (SANAKWA) was established in the Kingdom of Eswatini in 2018. It is the brain child of a mother who experienced difficulties raising a child with disability in a country with limited resources for people with disabilities and special needs. However, through passion and determination, the mother was able to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Psychology, Early Childhood Development Education and Special Needs. The organization is located within the SNAT Building, office number 321 and operates from 8am to 5pm on Mondays to Fridays. It may be contacted on 7624 2248.
- SERVICES OFFERED
- Advocacy on disability inclusion on social and community development programs.
- Information Dissemination- awareness raising on disability and how to foster inclusiveness in general community programs.